The fact that you have searched for this article means you’ve probably had some problem with the lace boots and decided enough is enough with the frequent bending over to tie laces. And honestly, that’s a smart choice because the best side zip tactical boots provide much more than just convenience.
Best Side Zip Tactical Boots – Buying Guide
Here are the 10 zipper boots in 2021. This will be made of good quality and used for various purposes. You can select one of them according to your need:
Original SWAT boots are known for many reasons but mostly because of the extraordinary amount of luxury they offer. Having been founded in 1999, the company served a wide market maintaining its principal purpose of giving better tactical boots. It later advanced and acquired an even bigger market share, and it has never stopped expanding.
One thing that stands out about this pair is that it has a non-metallic safety toe, which is accurately what you need as a security officer when trying to avoid setting off any alarms.
The boots are also bloodborne pathogen-resistant, which means in case you come in contact with infected blood, you will not get infected; well, at least not through the shoes.
And, just like most shoes of its quality, this footwear is waterproof, and your feet will always remain dry. The air technology used also enhances the level of cushioning, especially on hard surfaces.
Finally, since the boots are made with 100% leather, the aesthetic value is top-notch, so you’ll be looking great even as you perform your work or keep your area safe. However, it is also the best side zip work boots.
Features and Spec:
- Full-grain leather / 1000 denier nylon upper with polishable heel and toe
- YKK side-zipper in durable Vislon pattern
- Low profile hook and loop tab-stay closure
- Double-stitched upper with 3-ply bonded nylon thread for extended durability
- Foam padded collar and tongue for protection and increased breathability
- PU collar for easy cleaning
- Non-metallic rust proof hardware
- Removable custom fit EVA insole
- Custom-molded phylon EVA midsole
- Texon stability platform for lateral support
- Airport friendly nylon shank
- Custom-molded thermoplastic heel counter and toe box
- Stitched heel and toe for durability
- Visible heel airbag for
- Metro durable, slip and oil resistant
- Non-marking rubber outsole with waffle traction and ladder grip control
- Meets ASTM F2913-11 test for slip resistance
Thorogood boots were first manufactured in 1918 by Albert Weinbenner, and they have stayed in the market ever since as they keep upgrading with modification after modification for the best results.
This pair is especially effortless to slip on, and its Goodyear Welt Construction method makes sure the shoe can serve you for a very long time without wearing out.
The stability and support of the shoe are guaranteed by the composite toe and shank, which means falling while wearing these boots should be the least of your worries. Further, when you accidentally hit something with your feet, your toes will be kept safe, thanks to the rubber outsole and the abrasion-resistant toe bumper.
Features and Spec:
- Tumbled oil full-grain leather
- Goodyear storm welt construction
- Spacer mesh lining
- Polyurethane removable footbed with special EVA cushion flex insole
- Compression Molded EVA with Impact 300 Gel Heel Insert midsole
- Composite shank
- GEN-flex2 Dual-Density Rubber/EVA Outsole
- 100% Non-Metallic
- Electrical Hazard rated
- Slip Resisting
Iron Age is an American footwear production company that began in 1918 and was the first company to manufacture safety-toe footwear. Though, the company became bankrupt in 2017 but was resurrected by Warson Brands for its ongoing potential. The company has continued producing high-quality Iron Age boots.
Strong but comfortable is what you need when you are out working on construction or industrial sites, and these best side zip boots are as strong as you could need. You can barely slip when wearing these boots, because of the sturdy PermaBound outsole.
The non-metallic safety toe prevents you from setting off alarms, and the YKK zip closure assures you get no trouble zipping up, particularly when in a hurry.
The cushioned inserts are multi-purpose because, as they serve your feet with extra comfort, they also ensure you have stability, and your feet are kept steadily on the ground. Also, the durable, premium leather makes these boots remarkably classy.
Features and Spec:
- Full Grain Leather Upper
- Durable Polyurethane Outsole That Is Built With Permabond Technology
- Flex Met Internal Met Guard To Protect Against Heavy Objects
- Foot Force Footbed That Gives Extra Cushion And Support
- Composite Protective Toe Minimizes Weight And Maximizes Impact Protection
HQ ISSUE is a brand by Guide Gear, which is a member company of Sportsman Guide. The company produces a kind of items from footwear to clothes, camping gear, and military surplus items, among others. It started its operations in 1977 and introduced the HQ ISSUE brand into the market in 2012.
Hiking or field days mean long walks, and that means there will be sweating. But HQ ISSUE makes that the least of your worries because of its waterproof moisture-wicking lining, which will keep your feet perfectly dry.
The rubber outsoles are also quite useful as they provide an outstanding grip to your feet, keeping them steadily on the ground as the padded insole ensures adequate comfort.
Being as lightweight as they are, the boots hardly cause fatigue to the feet. However, the shoes run narrow and can be uncomfortable for people with wide feet.
Features and Spec:
- 100% waterproof construction
- Moisture-wicking lining keeps it cool and dries inside
- Cupped rubber sure-grip outsoles deliver ground-grabbing bite for reliable traction
- Mesh-lined padded insole
- 3/4-gusseted tongue keeps debris out
- Padded tongue and collar for additional cushioning
- The steel shank adds firm underfoot support
1932 was not the best year for the American boot trade because the quality had gone extremely downhill, and the industry was almost at its downfall. This is what awakened Charles Danner’s dream. He cherished nothing more than quality, and he noticed how the eminence of boots was deteriorating.
So, he took to making American-sourced leather boots from Chippewa Falls. The demand for such boots grew bigger, especially in Portland where logging was a significant activity.
He, therefore, moved to Portland, Oregon, where he maintained his incredible craftsmanship; the quality had never been better, and the boots became the trend in the 1940s.
The boots have since then maintained their position in the market, and this is why, thanks to its puncture-proof kinetic outsole, the Danner Men’s Kinetic boot protects your feet from any crude objects you might step on. The sole also comes in handy when running and will help you go faster without the risk of slipping.
Your feet are always kept comfortable with the cushioned footbed even in the midst of the roughest surfaces. As expected, the boot is 100% waterproof, meaning your feet will always be dry. Yet, the rubber sole does not last as long as other shoes of the same value. Still, for the convenience, safety, and comfort they provide, you can’t go wrong.
Features and Spec:
- Durable, polishable full-grain leather upper with ripstop ballistic nylon
- 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® lining
- Cushioning Ultralon polyurethane footbed
- Polyurethane midsole for superior cushioning and added durability
- Polyurethane footbed for ultimate step-in and all-day support and comfort
- Multidirectional low lug outsole for superior surface contact
- Nylon shank
- Semi-locking side-zip for easy on/off
Timberland is among the first and most well-known makers of footwear. It is an American-owned company that was founded in 1928 by Nathan Swartz, who started as a shoe stitcher.
The Timberland Pro McClellan is proof of just how much the company has evolved. This pair of boots is tough and will provide your feet with impenetrable protection, particularly if most of your days are spent in an industry where crude objects are lying around. One notable thing about the shoes is that they have shock absorbers, which prevent your feet from strain.
You can also wear boots on wet or slippery surfaces without having to worry about falling because the boots are conveniently built with slip and oil-resistant features. Additionally, the boots are made with breathable mesh to allow air penetration, a fiberglass shank for stability, and a padded top collar for extra comfort.
Features and Spec:
- Waterproof leather construction with a waterproof membrane
- Dynamic Anti-Fatigue Technology absorbs shock and returns energy at key zones of the foot for all-day comfort
- Side zipper with zipper locker
- Non-metallic, non-magnetic toe cap resists corrosion
- Mesh lining with antimicrobial treatment for odor control and comfortable feet
- Cement construction for flexibility and reduced break-in-time
- Lightweight molded EVA midsole for athletic performance
- Scotchgard™ protector by 3M® for stain resistance
- Slip and oil-resistant, non-marking outsole
Kamik is a footwear manufacturing company founded in 1898 by William Cook’s and Charron Boot’s family. However, Charron Boot was bought out in 1932, and ever since the company has been under Cook’s family of companies.
However, in as much as they have adopted new trends, their shoes still have a touch of a vintage look, which is what makes them unique.
Tough missions demand sturdy boots, and that’s what this pair of work boots is all about. These boots are the perfect choice in cold weather conditions. The Thinsulate insulation used in their construction gives exceptional warmth to your feet. Moisture from the warmth or water is also prevented by the moisture-wicking lining.
The zippers are strategically placed in the front and are from YKK, which is the best quality that there is. Ultimately, these boots can last a lifetime, all thanks to the leather and rubber upper material.
Features and Spec:
- Seam-sealed waterproof suede upper with waterproof gusset tongue
- Padded collar and front zipper closure
- 200g of 200B 3MTM ThinsulateTM and foam insulation
- 8 mm Zylex® felt insole for added protection and warmth
- Waterproof and flexible synthetic rubber shell
- SNOWTREAD outsole with deep lugs for superior traction on snow
Bates is a footwear construction company that has been operational since 1885. In 1930, Bates was one of the companies that were contracted by the government to make shoes for soldiers during WWII, and it sold more than one million pairs during that time.
In 1969, Wolverine Worldwide purchased the company, and it first produced its bestselling Ultra-Lites in 2003. The company has managed to evolve with time and adapt to modern trends.
Wearing Bates Men’s Velocitor Zip Boot means you can walk through water and in the rain while your feet will remain absolutely dry because the boots are waterproof.
They are also extra comfortable, all credit to the dual-density cushioned inserts and the EVA midsole. We can’t forget the essence of the rubber outsole, which ensures your feet get exceptional grip and traction.
While some people avoid using zipper boots because some zippers are weak and damage easily, this is not the case with the Velocitors; they are YKK nylon zippers, some of the strongest and most durable ever created.
Features and Spec:
- Waterproof leather and nylon mesh upper
- Exoskeleton design provides additional support
- A waterproof membrane keeps your feet dry
- Protective toe bumper
- Dual-density cushioned insert for added comfort
- Cushioned EVA midsole for added comfort
- Nylon Side Zipper for Easy On and Off
- Durable rubber outsole with enhanced arch support for stability
Thorogood is a Wisconsin footwear company subsidiary, and it is by far the best known. It is an American workboot brand that majors in high-quality boots aimed at giving comfort to the foot and convenience to the user.
The roots of Thorogood can be traced back to 1918 when Albert Weinbrenner began producing them for oil workers, miners, and rail workers. The demand for this kind of work was at the top, and this encouraged the production of the first safety-toed Thorogood workboot in 1943.
The name Thorogood means tough and durable, which is definitely what this boot is. The Gen Flex Zip Jump Boot will last you almost as long as a lifetime because of its Goodyear Storm-welt construction, which is exceptionally durable. The spacer mesh lining aids relatively free circulation of air to keep your feet cool and dry.
Thanks to the removable polyurethane-EVA footbed, the boots are quite comfortable and contribute extra support. The boots also present quite a tight yet comfortable grip, and this can enable you to run or walk on snow and in the rain with consistent stability.
Features and Spec:
- Black Oil-Tanned Leather and Black Smooth High-Shine Polishable Leather Toe Cap and Heel Counter
- Construction is Goodyear Storm Welt
- Spacer Mesh Lining
- Polyurethane Removable Footbed/ Special EVA Cushion Flex
- Compression-Molded EVA with Impact 300 Gel Heel Insert
- Engineered Composite Shank
- GEN-flex 2 Dual-density Rubber Outsole
- Heavy-Duty YKK Side Zipper with Velcro Closure
Magnum Boots came to be a result of Frank Van Wezel’s love for sports. Frank already owned a Hi-Tec Company, and he introduced Magnum. His purpose was to make lightweight and comfortable sports shoes.
So, in 1982, Frank started the production of Magnum Boots, which was a fulfillment of the demand from the FBI center for lightweight tactical boots. The brand picked up quickly, and more research was done to improve its quality. These boots are still worn today and can work perfectly as uniform boots.
This brand is easily the most stylish yet long-lasting boot brand. The boots have longer durability because of the full-grain leather and high-strength nylon used in their construction, which also improves their attractiveness.
The leather construction also makes them super comfortable, and the textile upper construction aids in the circulation of air for better breathability.
The boot’s grip is also impressive, and the high-quality YKK zipper further magnifies their comfort and durability. The outsoles of these shoes are constructed to withstand a lot of force and pressure during long walks without getting easily damaged. Overall, these boots are going to last you a long time on the job.
Features and Spec:
- High-performance tactical boots with safety toe protection
- Full-grain leather and 1680 denier nylon mesh uppers
- Airport-friendly composite toe protection
- Waterproof/breathable membrane technology
- i-shield technology – additional against water, oil, fluids, dirt, and more
- YKK side-zippers – easy on/off
- Cambrelle moisture-wicking lining
- Agion antimicrobial treatment – silver based formula inhibits the growth of microbes
- Durable non-metallic construction
- M-PACT contoured sock liners with 3 densities of memory foam for superior cushioning
- Lightweight composite shanks – superior stability
- Impact and shock-absorbing, compression-molded EVA midsoles
Why do Tactical Boots Have Zippers?
Zippers have many pros in tactical boots. The major advantage is that they can easy to take off and also putting them on very quickly. Even you can easily take them off in your home or your working place to avoiding any dirt. As they can be very useful in many emergencies.
What Features You Should Look for in Side Zip Tactical Boots?
1. Waterproof Zipper Fabric
The most durable and high-quality side zip tactical boots come with two main types of zipper material. The first one is plastic and the other one is metal. The zipper teeth are either made from plastic or from metal.
Plastic zippers have one advantage and that is they are lightweight as compared to metal zippers. But metal zippers are more durable and sturdy in nature. Some boot manufacturers produce water-resistant and fireproof zippers.
The fine stitch and the actual zippers can be made waterproof and fireproof. This is very essential for law enforcement and military personnel. If you are looking for a quality side zip tactical boot, always prefer a tactical boot that has a zipper made from waterproof and fireproof fabric.
2. Secure and Snug Fitting
Tactical boots that come with side zippers provide higher comfort and secure fitting for the user. You can even put on and take off these boots very easily; thanks to the inclusion of side zippers. You need to check how the boot fits your feet before you buy it.
Some side zippers do provide comfort but some make fitting uncomfortable if you choose the wrong sized boot. So it’s always suggested to buy the right sized boot for your feet if you want a side zip tactical boot.
3. Vertical Interlocking Tracks
Some tactical boots do not provide vertical interlocking tracks for their side zippers. Such boots come up with somewhat curved interlocking tracks.
This can cause discomfort for the user and regular use can also easily break these zippers due to their curved position. So always look for the tactical boots that appear quite vertical interlocking tracks for their size zippers.
4. Hook and Loop Tab-Stay Closure
Few experts and well-known tactical boot manufacturers like Original S.W.A.T., Magnum, bates, etc. provide hook and loop tab-stay closure along with their side zippers. This type of closure delivers a great task of keeping the side zips more secured and damage-free.
The zipper pull tab can be secured easily with the help of this hook and loop closure feature. Accordingly, we also recommend you opt for such a tactical boot that provides this feature.
We have collected well-Quality tactical boots having an extra quality of Zide-zip because it works for you faster, makes you ready in very little time. A boot that contains both laces and zip is an excellent pair of boots. Our top pick from one of them is Magnum Men’s Stealth Force 8.0 Side Zip Waterproof I-Shield Tactical Boot.
Hi, Waheed is here, I love traveling and follow new trends about dressing. I have a keen interest in apparel and trying different shoes and clothing. Technically, I am learning new skills including programming languages and many other.